The Museums of Port Isabel invites you to celebrate Mardi Gras at their 14th Annual Fundraiser on February 11, 2011 from 7 – 10 p.m. The evening will feature lots of great food and drink, a festive Mardi Gras atmosphere and live entertainment. Through out the evening items featured in the Silent Auction will be on display in the museum. Tickets are available now and are $50 per person. All funds raised contribute to the preservation of the history of the Laguna Madre area and are tax deductible.
Live Music by: The Frontera Jazz Quartet will be performing at the Museums of Port Isabel Annual Fundraiser on Friday, February 11, 2011 from 7-10. The Frontera Jazz Quartet, or FJQ for short, has been performing in the RGV, Mexico, and across Texas since December 2006, including at the Texas Jazz Festival in Corpus Christi (2007-2010), The Brownsville Latin Jazz Festival (2007-2010), The SPI International Music Festival (2008, 2009), the Elephant Room in Austin, TX, The Irish Pub in Matamoros, the US Consulate in Matamoros, and many other festivals, private events, clubs, and restaurants. We are extremely honored to have this group be apart of our event. Going with the Madi Gras theme, Clay Moore who heads the Frontera Jazz Quartet has a special Madi Gras flavor that will be added to the music. Clay has opened for many internationally-known artists including Bill Frisell, Eric Johnson, Spyro Gyra, and Chuck Mangione.
For more information on ticket sales, silent auction donation, or sponsorship contact Jeannie Marie A. Flores at 956/943-7602 or email email@example.com.
Sponsored by: Quik Stop, South Padre Bank
Participating Food & Beverages: White Sands Restaurant, Reyes Seafood, Marcello’s Restaurant, L & F Distributors, Costa del Mar, Pirates Landing, Valerie Godines, Manuel’s Restaurant, Mary Gorball, H. E. B.
Silent Auction Items & Donors:
1. Thomas B. Leeman “T. Leeman Company” – TAOS Church Oil Painting $400
2. Carolyn Hauschildt “Art Sea Gallery & Goods” – Tote Bag w/Wallet $35
3. June Williams “Silver Breeze” – Hand Made Lace Necklace Piece $95
4. Jay Carlsen “Tocco Modern Living” – Fish Painting $129
5. Ben Khajeh “Ben’s Liquor” – Wine & Cheese Basket $50
6. Vicki Muhs “Gabriella’s Italian Grill & Pizzeria” – 2 Gift Certificates $25 each
7. “PI Nails” – Gift Certificate Pedicure & Manicure $40
8. Mr. & Mrs. Doyle Wells – “South Padre Island Adventures” Gift Certificate 1 Hour 1 Person Horseback Ride $45
9. Mr. & Mrs. Paul Wentzel – “Coastal Winds” La-Tee-Da Effusion Fragrance Lamp w/Fragrance $80
10. American Diving’s Original Dolphin Watch – 2 Gift Certificate – Dolphin Watch Passes
11. Fast & Fair Car Care – 1 Gift Certificate – $50 Treasures of the Gulf Gift Shop
12. South Wind Inn – Gift Certificate – 2 Day Stay $100
13. Designer Consigner: One of a Kind Necklace & Glass Whale’s Tail
14. Purple Parrot: Sting Ray Art Print
15. Vida’s Barber Shop & Beauty Salon: Gift Certificate – Free Hair Cut
16. Tex-Mex Tours / Osprey Fishing Charter / Black Dragon Cruises: Gift Certificates of two (2) each $438
Thriller, Deep Sea Fishing, Bay Fishing, Pirate Adventure Cruise, Sea-Life Safari, Port of Brownsville Fiesta Cruise
17. Island Cinema: Gift Certificates of ten (10) $50
18. Isla Grande Beach Resort: Gift Certificate – Friday Night Seafood Buffet for two(2) $50
19. Welcome Aboard: Orange Sea-Life Beach Bag $25
20. Dazzles: Turk & Brown Silver Necklace & Earring Set $30
21. Coral Reef Lounge: Cap & Polo Shirt $20
22. Cactus Flowers Interiors & Gifts: $100 gift certificate
23. Bridgeview Flowers & Gifts: Tropical Silk arrangement $59.95